Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday morning....

Faces pass, faces pass, faces pass
places pass, places pass, places pass,
life go, life go
down, down underground
no service
darkness
the train rock my insides
and i'm staring up, up and away
im avoiding eye contact,
look at finger, look at feet , look at signs,
faces pass, faces pass, faces pass
looking, searching
morning time
memories of last night
where i was , what i did,
who to run too, I am lost
places pass, places pass, places pass
im caught up in my music
and the train conductor voice booms from the heavens
as he close the doors
move away from the doors
I can hear the rails beneath me
and the loud banging of metal
reminds me of slaves
singing in harmony
im at my stop
doors open
i get up and avoid eyes
I walk out
forgetting where I was
remembering where I am now.
HOME

1 comment:

  1. I love this...it reminds me of someone missing home...while still being at home. It makes me jealous that you can have these experiences but walk off the train and be right at the place where you were missing. I can't (jealous look lol)

    ReplyDelete