Thursday, February 10, 2011

For Zaraya...

I hope you know you are the soft piece of marshmellow in my vanilla ice cream that I am searching for in this bowl. You are complicated I admit...but you teach me things that I never thought about before. I remember thinking that feminism/feminist were a bunch of women running down the streets with pitch forks calling out the men to DIE. (lol) But you taught me that it was about equality. Theres nothing wrong with pointing out the inequality that goes on between women and men on a daily basis. I learned that the core of truly being happy starts with ones self. Even though sometimes we can't stand each other, holding you at night makes the arguments disappear. And I know that every moment I see your smile and honest eyes every disappointment of my day fades away. I truly one hundred percent love her...even though without her the days are longer and the hour and a half that separates us from each feels like a million miles away..when I see her on skype or hear her voice nothing else matters. And when I visit her at school a dog can snatch my phone away because I don't have time for anyone else but her. She is the marshmellows in my ice cream and I do not want them to melt away.

1 comment: